Grandstand Apps is pleased to announce the release of their newest State Fair App for the Illinois State Fair. This full-featured event map is an outstanding tool for all fair-goers to enhance their visit. The app uses the power of your iPhone or Android device to replace the paper map and schedule and adds to the excitement of attending every day. Key features of the app include:
1. Interactive Map. The Illinois State Fair’s 300-plus locations are included with the ability to filter points shown by 20 different categories including restrooms, food vendors, storm shelters, tram stops and many more. Selecting an item from calendar, list of vendors, etc you can then have it open and show that location on the map.
2. Scavenger Hunt. The app brings the excitement of a scavenger hunt to your device. The 40 unique locations on the hunt encourages you to seek out new discoveries on the fairgrounds as well as your old favorites. Upon reaching thresholds of 20 locations, 30 and all 40, you will unlock coupon prizes to be use on food or merchant vendors at the fair. Locations are identitied on a map with some photos of the area you are seeking to visit.
3. In-App Photo Booth. Use Snapchat-style photo filters to record your memories at the fair. The eight overlay themes were specially designed for the Illinois State Fair. Share your photos on a variety of social media outlets directly from the app.
4. Vendor Search. Find the nearest funnel cake or corndog vendor quickly by using the searchable food and merchant vendor list. Search by keyword and plot the exact vendor on the map.
5. Open-Class Results. The Illinois State Fair has more than 25,000 open-class competition entries. Using the results database, you can search for the specific class or competitor for whom you are looking.
6. Hy-Vee Brew Garden. The garden has more than 50 beers on tap. Find them all on the app with the ability to favorite the ones you liked so you can find them again.
7. Deals & Discounts. Deals and discounts change daily to make the fair more affordable. For example, the first weekend includes more than 30 deals for First Responders, thanking them for the service.
The new Illinois State Fair app is the most integrated and feature-filled of Grandstand’s event apps yet. The Android and iOS platform allows for powerful features for visitors at the fair. In addition, the app is built on a platform that allows access and easy updating by those running the Illinois event.