What type of events is this app platform for?
Our platform is setup to work with most any type of events or venues, including State Fairs, County Fairs, Music Festivals, Conferences, Trade Shows, Youth Gatherings, Tourism Commissions, Governing Bodies, etc. Basically any big gathering of people is a great fit for our platform. We have features specific to each type. For example:
- FAIRS – Import your data from ShoWorks into a sortable, searchable list that works in the app even under low bandwidth scenarios.
- CONFERENCES – Utilize custom maps of your tradeshow floor and direct people right to specific booth locations. Our platform allows you to do much more than just show a basic PDF.
- USERS CONFERENCES – Our platform is quickly becoming a favorite for Users’ Conferences with its easy-to-setup content, inexpensive price point and feature set aimed at conferences.
- MUSIC FESTIVALS – Embed YouTube clips of musical acts to showcase the best work of each of the artists to help the users find the bands they want to attend.
- MALLS & SHOPPING CENTERS – Our detailed mapping tools and robust shop and restaurant creation tools make it easy to create an app your mall visitors can use year round. Add coupons and games like scavenger hunts to add even more stickiness to the app.
- YOUTH GATHERINGS – Utilize our social sharing capabilities to encourage and make sharing notes, events, and photos from your event easier for an audience already accustomed to using these tools.
- MUSEUMS – Rich maps and beautiful photos of your exhibits plus a deep calendaring tool make this the perfect museum accessory.
Does every package come with both an iPhone and Android app?
Yes! All of our packages contain both an app for iOS and Android. Both apps will be published to each of their respective app stores simultaneously (with the exception of the Starter package). We also offer tablet apps that can be used as kiosks at your event.
What is the latest we can submit our app to the app stores before our event.
Our unique platform and Grandstand Builder gives you the option to both design and enter in the content or turn one or both of these tasks over to our team. Whether you are creating the app yourself or having our team team do it, we can launch an app to both app stores in as little as three business days.
How do you bill for the app?
For single-event apps we will bill 100% of the app price at signup via credit card. For year-round apps, we can bill monthly, quarterly or annual depending on your accounting setup.
Why do I need an app if I have a responsive website?
A truly native app brings your attendees an experience that can’t be replicated with a responsive website. A native app can do many things a responsive website can’t, including but not limited to:
- Offline or Low-Bandwidth Usage
- Alerts & Notifications
- Favoriting & Custom Schedule
- Deep Map Integration
- Richer Brand Experience
- One-Time Use Coupons
- One-Time Use Surveys
- Gamification – Launch Interactive Features Like Scavenger Hunts
- Ease of Use
Do you integrate with any ticketing platforms?
Our platform can include links to any of the major ticket sellers within the app, allowing for a smooth and streamlined experience for your attendees. Individual event listings can even link to separate ticket groups in the case where multiple ticket agencies are handing your ticket sales.
Do we have to setup all the content or can you provide that service?
We offer full-service options in addition to our self-service setup through our Grandstand Builder. Full-service content setup includes all schedule entry, vendor entry, coupon setup, map pin setup, and much more.
How do we test out the app before launching it?
In late 2016, Grandstand unveiled a one-of-a-kind tool that allows you to preview your app in our Grandstand Demo app, which can be downloaded in either of the app stores. Once the base design is complete you will be able to enter a code to load a test version of your app to your phone. This makes tweaking the design and content easier and quicker. Once you get close to launch, we use Apple’s TestFlight and Google Play Beta to provide final previews of the app for you. Since almost 100% of the content of the app is not packaged with the app but silently loaded in the background, typically only one beta build is needed and most times that version is then pushed live to the general public. The only items we lock in at launch are the app icon and the default loading screens. Everything else, including home page background, logos, icons, etc. can be changed at any point.
How does the $49/month app work?
The low-priced alternative to a full app is our $49/month app that will be part of a larger shared app, but packs all the same functionality as our higher-priced apps. Unlike many shared apps, Grandstand still gives you the power to completely customize the look and feel of each app as well as the content areas. Also, unlike many shared apps, we put your app into a shared app that shares the same genre. If you have a fair or festival you will get included in our Grandstand Fairs app. If you have a camp it will be part of our Grandstand Camps app, etc. Even better, these apps will auto-recognize your location and put all the events in proximity order. That means when a user opens the app that 99% of the time they will see the event they are looking for listed first. All you need to do is tell your users to download the Grandstand Fairs app or one of our other genre apps. If you choose to make this have its own app store listing someday, you will always be able to move over the existing app easily and not have to move any content.